Sunday, July 19, 2009

First Days at the Beach


I just got back from a week at the beach with my family and I'm honestly wishing I was still there.  I've been going to the same beach Avalon/Stone Harbor, NJ for about 20 years with my family. It's a very cute beach town and after leaving I'm thinking maybe I should just move there and get a job selling beach chairs or something.  Got some fun outfit shots from my first fews days there...more to come as well.
First day laying out & had to snap a pic of the ocean & surfers!

Very cool looking sand castle.
.
On our balcony before dinner.

After dinner we went for a walk down to the beach.  The sky was really cool looking.  I'm wearing a vintage maxi dress found on ebay, a stone necklace from Anthropologie, a swirled neon bangle from H&M and a wicker clutch from The Limited bought about 5 years ago.  I love the color, seventies vibe, and the cool tie at the waist on this dress.  Also loved how the seafoam stones on this necklace looked against the pink.

This bag has been one of my favorite summer staples for many years.  It goes with everything!

Close up on the fun swirls in this bangle.

Goat cheese & fig appetizer...just thought it looked yummy enough to photograph!

Day 2 Dinner



On our second night we went to a very cool restaurant where we got to place our orders directly with the chef.  The flowers outside the restaurant were also so beautiful I had to get some pictures.  I'm wearing a romper from Anthropologie (thinking I had a pink thing going on at the beginning of last week), jeweled collar necklace from Banana Republic, Lauren Merkin cork clutch, and Report Signature cork heels.

Also wore this super cute double finger stone ring I got from a street vendor in Soho.  I can't take credit for finding this though.  My friend Maggie actually found them first and I thought they were so cool I admittedly bogarted her style.  Thanks for finding Mags!

The Report Signature cork heels.  It's kind of hard to tell here but these have little flecks of neon color in them which add to the tan cork color.  I also rarely meet a sandal I'm scared to walk in, but these definitely gave me a run for my money.  They're about 5" high with platforms and for some reason are extremely treacherous to walk in, meaning I'm going to have to limit where and when I can actually wear these out in NYC.

Ok that's all for now, more vacation posts to come later this week as I continue to miss the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment