Sunday, July 5, 2009

There's a lot of Euro in there...Happy 4th of July

Unable to escape to a beach for the 4th, my friends and I rang in another independence day yesterday New York City style, which basically consisted of ordered in BBQ, a roof view of the Macy's fireworks and a random trip to the meat packing district.

We also needed (ok wanted) festive drinks so my friend Amy made a delicious Watermelon spritzer which was super refreshing & just alcoholic enough.  
-Pureed fresh watermelon
-1 shot of Vodka
-2 splashes of Sprite
-1/2 tsp. of sugar


Our delicious BBQ from Famous Dave's on the West side of NYC, www.famousdaves.com/.  We all ate so much, a serious food coma ensued.

I didn't get a great shot of this on, but I wore this very picnic appropriate romper from Anthropologie with my nude heels from Banana Republic.  This romper is incredibly comfortable and super breezy for hot weather.

Here I am enjoying my watermelon spritzer and watching the fireworks from my friend's roof top...apparently we weren't the only people in the building with this idea.  It kinda turned into a mini club up there.

Fireworks!

Champagne at the Gas Light

Cool view of the DJ booth at the Gas Light

The super fun ring I wore with my Anthropologie romper.  This ring is enormous and takes up over half my finger.  I picked it up last year at Gen Art in NYC from Cleo and Cat,  www.cleoandcatjewels.com/.  They make a plethora of these amazing pieces by molding clay, silver and gold with precious and semi precious stones.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment